Full-year course. This course builds on the foundation established in Spanish I. Over the course of the academic year, students will: learn how to give their opinions, learn how to use the imperfect and present perfect, discuss different types of texts, learn how to retell a story, and learn how to talk about the future, formulating both hypotheses and possibilities. Students will use skills in the following areas and build global competency skills for future careers and experience based on the World-readiness Standards for Learning Languages from the ACTFL: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities.
Click here to read about the Well-Trained Mind Academy’s approach to world language learning. Note: We do not offer a delayed section for this course due to the live interaction that is key to learning language.
We recommend that students enrolling in Spanish II be comfortable with the topics covered in Grammar II. Grammar instruction is not a pre- or co-requisite, however we have found that students are more successful learning a new language when they have a strong understanding of grammar rules. Use the placement tests found in our grammar course descriptions to find the appropriate grammar course for your student.
Prerequisite: Spanish I; Spanish II Placement Test
Spanish II Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets three times per week for 50-55 minutes, or twice per week for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 7-12.
- Students may be awarded 1 World Languages credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- Gente joven 2 Nueva edición – Libro del alumno
- Gente joven 2 Nueva edición – Cuaderno de ejercicios
- Rival, Mira Canion