Story of the Modern Age
Full-year course. Making use of The Story of the World, Volume 4 along with The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia and numerous instructor-assigned supplemental materials, this class studies the modern age (1850-present) at a logic-stage level. Students will make use of primary sources, timelines, and other materials to learn about the history of the modern world, from the American Civil War to the twenty-first century.
You may also like...
World Geography for the Logic Stage
One-semester social science elective for middle school students.
Study Skills for the Logic Stage
One-semester elective for middle school students.
Story of the Modern Age Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 20 students.
- Designed for grades 7 & 8.
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- The Story of the World, Vol. 4: The Modern Age, Susan Wise Bauer
- Test Book and Answer Key, Vol. 4: The Modern Age, Elizabeth Rountree
- The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, Third Edition
Expand for More Course Resources