Story of Early Modern Times
Full-year course. Making use of The Story of the World, Volume 3 along with The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia and numerous instructor-assigned supplemental materials, this class studies the early modern age (1600-1850) at a logic-stage level. Students will make use of primary sources, timelines, and other materials to learn about the birth of the modern world, from the Elizabethan Age to the American Gold Rush.
You may also like...
World Geography for the Logic Stage
One-semester social science elective for middle school students.
Astronomy for the Logic Stage
One-semester science elective for middle school students.
Story of Early Modern Times Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 20 students.
- Designed for grades 7 & 8.
- Course texts from 2022-2023. Texts for 2023-2024 will be posted by June 1, 2023.
- The Story of the World, Vol. 3: Early Modern Times, Susan Wise Bauer
- Test Book and Answer Key, Vol. 3: Early Modern Times, Elizabeth Rountree
- The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, Third Edition
Expand for More Course Resources