Story of Early Modern Times
Full-year course. Making use of The Story of the World, Volume 3 along with The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia and numerous instructor-assigned supplemental materials, this class studies the early modern age (1600-1850) at a logic-stage level. Students will make use of primary sources, timelines, and other materials to learn about the birth of the modern world, from the Elizabethan Age to the American Gold Rush.
Story of Early Modern Times Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 20 students.
- Designed for grades 7 & 8.
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- The Story of the World, Vol. 3: Early Modern Times, Susan Wise Bauer
- Test Book and Answer Key, Vol. 3: Early Modern Times, Elizabeth Rountree
- The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, Third Edition