Expository Writing III
Full-year course. Follows Expository Writing II. Using Writing With Skill Level 3, this course completes our pre-rhetoric sequence. Topics include (but are not limited to) three-level outlining, advanced paragraph construction, note-taking and documentation, new forms (narrative by significance, sequences, explanation by cause and effect), review essays, and comparative compositions. This course prepares students to enter our Rhetoric I. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
Prerequisite: Expository Writing II, or Writing with Skill Level 2. For help in placement, see our writing assessment, which will be evaluated by Academy writing instructors.
You may also like...
Summer Reading Club for the Logic Stage: Newbery Award Winners
Book club for middle school students who would like to read and discuss a set list of texts.
Reading for the Logic Stage III
Full-year literature course for middle school students. Recommended to be taken after Level II.
Expository Writing III Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: average 12 students.
- Designed for grades 8-10.
- High school students may be awarded 1 Language Arts credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course text.
- Writing With Skill Student Workbook Level 3, Susan Wise Bauer