Full-year course. This course builds on the foundation established in Spanish II. Over the course of the year, students will learn how to correct false statements and offer correct information, discuss films and books, talk about changes over time and into the future, compare their own country to other countries, and talk about strengths and weaknesses. To accomplish these communicative tasks, they will learn the accompanying grammatical structures. Students will use skills in the following areas and build global competency skills for future careers and experience based on the World-readiness Standards for Learning Languages from the ACTFL: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities.
We recommend that students enrolling in Spanish III be comfortable with the topics covered in Grammar III. Grammar instruction is not a pre- or co-requisite, however we have found that students are more successful learning a new language when they have a strong understanding of grammar rules. Use the placement tests found in our grammar course descriptions to find the appropriate grammar course for your student.
Spanish III Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets three times per week for 50-55 minutes, or twice per week for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 8-12.
- Students may be awarded 1 World Languages credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- Gente joven 3 Nueva edición – Libro del alumno
- Gente joven 3 Nueva edición – Cuaderno de ejercicios
- Vector, Carrie Toth