One-semester course. A truly advanced English grammar course for students who have mastered basic and intermediate concepts but have not studied advanced sentence structure and function. We will cover modifiers, advanced verbs, troublesome grammatical elements, and diagramming. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
Prerequisite: Grammar IV Placement Test
"This class was so awesome, that I am going to take it every year throughout high school to remain sharp!" - Student Course Evaluation Spring
Grammar IV Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 7-9.
- High school students may be awarded .5 Language Arts credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course texts:
- Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind, Yellow Student Workbook
- The Diagramming Dictionary
- The Grammar Guidebook (Recommended)