Full-year course. Essential skills in geometrical reasoning. We will cover all essential geometrical figures and their properties using the Saxon method. Each week students will cover between three and four lessons from the Saxon text. In addition to specifically assigned problems as featured in each lesson, additional problems will be provided with the goal of putting Geometry in the context of everyday life.
Prerequisite: Recommended to be taken after completing Saxon Algebra I and II. Students from other programs should complete the following: Saxon Placement Test.
You may also like...
Introduction to Computer Programming
Full-year elective course for middle and high school students.
Club for students who are interested in math games and friendly competition.
Geometry (Saxon) Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 8-11.
- Students may be awarded 1 Mathematics credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course text.
- Saxon Geometry Student Edition
- MathXL for School; access provided by the instructor. Click here to learn more about MathXL for School.
Expand for More Course Resources