Geometry (Problem-Solving Approach)
Full-year course. A challenging survey of introductory geometry, from points, lines, and planes, through triangles, perimeter and area, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, three-dimensional geometry, curved surfaces, transformations, and analytical geometry, to an introduction to trigonometry. Highlights include Heron’s Formula, the nine-point circle of the triangle, sketching geometric problems, and problem-solving strategies for geometry. Read about the Well-Trained Mind Academy approach to Art of Problem Solving here.
Prerequisites: Recommended to be taken after completing Algebra I and II; Art of Problem Solving Introduction to Geometry Pretest
Geometry (Problem-Solving Approach) Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets twice a week for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 8-11.
- Students may be awarded 1 Mathematics credit upon completion of this course. Course may be listed as “honors” on transcript.
- Click here to purchase the course materials.
- The Art of Problem Solving Introduction to Geometry, 2nd Edition
- JARLINK Math & Geometry Compass with Lock, Metal and Durable Compass for Solid and Plane Precision Tool
- Sparco Plastic Protractor