Anatomy and Physiology
Full-year course. This course will provide a thorough survey of the parts and functions of the human body. Course content includes but is not limited to the cellular basis of life, tissue structure and function, the human life cycle, and the inner workings of the following body systems: integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic and immune, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive systems.
Prerequisite: It is strongly recommended that students taking this course have a good foundation in biology and chemistry.
*Alternates with Astronomy. Will be offered during the 2024-2025 school year.
You may also like...
Kinesiology & Nutrition I: Movement and Healthy Choices for the Active Student
One-semester course for high school students. Fulfills PE/Health credit. Does not have to be taken in order.
Anatomy and Physiology Lab
One-semester science lab with full-year option for high school students.
Anatomy and Physiology Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 9-12.
- High school students may be awarded 1 Non-Lab Science credit upon completion of this course. A student will earn a full laboratory science credit if taking a non-lab science and the corresponding lab together.
- Click here to purchase the course text.
- Hole’s Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology, 10th edition