Full-year course. This course builds on the foundation established in Spanish III. Over the course of the year, students will deepen their understanding of Spanish grammar. They will also further develop their reading, speaking, and writing skills by exploring historical, artistic, literary, and political topics in greater detail. At the end of the year, students will be able to discuss literary texts, political topics, and the working world.
Students will use skills in the following areas and build global competency skills for future careers and experience based on the World-readiness Standards for Learning Languages from ACTFL: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities.
Spanish IV Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets three times per week for 50-55 minutes, or twice per week for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 9-12.
- High school students may be awarded 1 World Languages credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- Todas las voces, Difusión
- Triángulo APreciado, Wayside publishing
- Please note: The digital subscription for Triángulo APreciado is not required for this course.
- El Camino de las Estrellas, Clara Villanueva and Josefina Fernández