Preparation for Expository Writing
Full-year course. This course will focus on basic reading and writing skills to help students prepare for writing expository essays. Students will formulate and write down paragraphs based on assigned readings. Students will work to develop sentence and paragraph skills by imitation, leading to original composition. Intended for students who still do not write easily and struggle even with shorter assignments. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
Preparation for Expository Writing Information
- Click here to purchase the course texts.
- Sentence Composing for Elementary School, Don Killgallon
- Paragraphs for Elementary School, Don Killgallon
- Sentence Composing for Middle School, Don Killgallon
- Paragraphs for Middle School, Don Killgallon
- Selections from Writing with Ease, Levels 3 & 4, Susan Wise Bauer (will be provided by the instructor)