One-semester course. Grammar I is a foundational English grammar course for students who do not have a solid grasp of basic grammar. This course covers parts of speech and their uses, mechanics, verb tenses, and fundamental skills in diagramming. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
Students who have not had formal grammar instruction should start with Grammar I.
This is an excellent class -- one that I wish was taught in our brick and mortar school but it is not! - Parent Course Evaluation
I think that I learned more in grammar in this one class than I ever have. - Student Course Evaluation
This was a fantastic course. My child was inspired to learn more and more. - Parent Course Evaluation
"My son appreciated the games and has improved confidence in grammar. It's a very good course." - Parent Course Evaluation
Grammar I Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Summer session meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 6-8.
- Click here to purchase the course texts:
- Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind, Yellow Student Workbook
- The Diagramming Dictionary
- The Grammar Guidebook (Recommended)