One-semester course. Grammar I is a foundational English grammar course for students who do not have a solid grasp of basic grammar. This course covers parts of speech and their uses, mechanics, verb tenses, and fundamental skills in diagramming. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
Students who have not had formal grammar instruction should start with Grammar I.
I think that I learned more in grammar in this one class than I ever have. - Student Evaluation Spring
This was a fantastic course. My child was inspired to learn more and more. - Parent Evaluation Spring
"My son appreciated the games and has improved confidence in grammar. It's a very good course." - Parent Course Evaluation Summer
You may also like...
Expository Writing I
Full-year writing course for middle school students.
Reading for the Logic Stage I
Full-year literature course for middle school students.
Grammar I Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Summer session meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 6-8.
- Click here to purchase the course texts:
- Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind, Yellow Student Workbook
- The Diagramming Dictionary
- The Grammar Guidebook (Recommended)
Expand for More Course Resources