2D Art I & II
One-semester course with full-year option. 2D Art is a high school course designed to provide students with an understanding of two dimensional art, including drawing, painting, and other visual art mediums. This course will focus on the fundamentals of 2D art and will cover topics such as composition, color theory, perspective, and visual storytelling. Students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of techniques and materials, from pencil, chalk, and charcoal, to oil and acrylic paints. Through hands-on practice and project-based learning, students will gain an understanding of the artistic principles of 2D art and the elements of design that make it unique and powerful. This course will provide students with a platform to express themselves through their artwork and cultivate a greater appreciation for the visual arts.
Please note: This course may be taken individually in the fall or spring semester; a student may enroll in both 2D Art I in the fall and 2D Art II in the spring to fulfill the full-year option.
2D Art I & II Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 9-12.
- High school students may be awarded .5 Fine Arts credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course materials.
- Introduction to Art: Design, Context, and Meaning
- 9 x 12” or larger sketchbook
- Drawing pencil variety set
- Acrylic/oil painting student grade paint brush variety set
- Water-mixable oil paint set
- Acrylic paint set
- 11 x 14” canvas board (at least 5 boards)
- Watercolor set