One-semester course. An advanced English grammar course for students who have mastered basic and intermediate concepts but have not studied advanced sentence structure and function. We will cover modifiers, advanced verbs, troublesome grammatical elements, and diagramming. Click here for an explanation of our writing and grammar curriculum, and sample course sequences.
*Students who have no experience diagramming sentences should enroll in Grammar I.
Prerequisite: Grammar III Placement Test
Please email [email protected] to request enrollment. Instructor approval required for course registration.
You may also like...
Reading for the Logic Stage II
Full-year literature course for middle school students. Recommended to be taken after Level I.
Creative Writing for the Logic Stage
One-semester with full-year option writing elective for middle school students.
Grammar III Information
- Example Syllabus
- Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Summer session meets twice per week for 50-55 minutes.
- Class cap: 15 students.
- Designed for grades 7-9.
- High school students may be awarded .5 Language Arts credit upon completion of this course.
- Click here to purchase the course texts:
- Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind, Yellow Student Workbook
- The Diagramming Dictionary
- The Grammar Guidebook (Recommended)