If you are having trouble connecting to a class session, make sure that:
- You are using the most up-to-date version of the Chrome browser. This includes installing the plug-ins that Chrome prompts you to download. Only download these with parent supervision!
- You have turned off all internet protection devices, like Net Nanny, Qustodio, Circle with Disney, etc.
- You are located close to your wireless router. If you can, hardwire your computer to the internet.
- You close all other browser windows and tabs, and quit all unnecessary programs, like Microsoft Word.
- You have recently shut down and re-booted your computer. Going more than a week between reboots can sometime slow your computer down.
A few additional situations may affect your connection:
- If you are using wireless internet, check to see how many other people are using the same wifi. If you are at home and many people are on wifi, ask politely if one or more of them can pause their activity until you are done with class.
- Be aware that severe weather, such as thunderstorms, can affect your connection. If you are experiencing severe weather, you may not be able to access the class, even after multiple attempts.
If you still can’t get into class, please email your instructor and watch the class recording later in the day. If you can get into class but you get disconnected, please stop trying to get into class after the third time you are disconnected. Email your instructor about the connection issue and then make sure to watch the recording of class later in the day.