Welcome to the Well-Trained Mind Academy! In this video you’ll find out what to expect at the start of the school year and you’ll get some tips to help your student succeed in our courses.
- Get to know our learning management system Blackboard, our student information system/parent portal Genius, and our website.
- Learn about how our synchronous classes work.
- Find out what technical requirements need to be met in order for your student to attend classes.
- Get many practical tips to ensure student success, including:
- Technical help on our Instructions & Tutorials page
- Review of our Student & Parent Handbook
- Advice on how much help you should be giving your student
- Where to find important dates on our Academic Calendar
- Administrative Notes & Responsibilities for Guardians, including review of our withdraw and refund policies
Student, Grammar, Spring 2019
Student, Story of Ancient Times, 2018-19
"Mrs. Yoo has been very helpful to our student. We are thrilled that WTMA is offering AOPS classes so we don't have to go outside of the WTMA format just for math. Getting him used to the calendar and assignment system and becoming more independent (while guiding) is important to us and this is a great way to do it."...Parent, AoPS Pre-Algebra, 2018-19
"Dr. Bennett made the material fun to learn and the classes interesting and fun to participate in. The class was fun and Dr. Bennett taught the material in a way that made me want to learn it. The work standards were very high and I appreciate that Dr. Bennett expected the best from all the students."...Student, Biology, 2018-19