Summer Reading Club 2
Single-semester course. The WTMA Summer Reading Club is designed to keep logic-stage students engaged in reading and discussion over the summer break. Students will come together with their instructor once a week to talk about that week’s reading.
This course is meant to foster a student’s love of reading. There are no formal written assignments. Students who participate in all 8 sessions will receive a WTMA Summer Reading Club t-shirt. Participation credit is earned by attending the live class or by watching the recording of a class and then completing a discussion board response based on a prompt given by the instructor.
Course Theme: “Magical Worlds and Talking Beasts”
- Pigs Might Fly, by Nick Abadzis and Jerel Dye. ISBN 014034537X
- The Dark Is Rising, by Susan Cooper. ISBN 9780689829833
- How to Train Your Dragon, Book 1, by Cressida Cowell. ISBN 9780316085274
- Half Magic, by Edward Eager. ISBN 9780544671720
- Redwall, by Brian Jacques. ISBN 9780142302378
- The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster. 9780394820378
- When the Sea Turned to Silver, by Grace Lin. ISBN 9780316125949
- The Wee Free Men, by Terry Pratchett. ISBN 9780062435262
Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
Class cap: 20 students.
Designed for students in grades 5-8.