Full-year course. This course builds on the foundation established in German I. Over the course of the year, students will learn how to shop for clothes in a German-speaking country, how to talk about their emotions and ask how others are doing, learn more about foods and the traditions surrounding them, and they will be able to talk about films they’ve seen. To accomplish these communicative tasks, they will learn the accompanying grammatical structures. Students will use skills in the following areas and build global competency skills for future careers and experience based on the World-readiness Standards for Learning Languages from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities. Click here to read about the Well-Trained Mind Academy’s approach to foreign language learning. Note: We do not offer a delayed section for this course due to the live interaction that is key to learning language.
- German I; German II Placement Test
- Students who completed German I with a different program will be given the opportunity to receive an individualized plan for getting up to speed for the coming year. After enrolling, email [email protected] to start this process with our German instructor Frau Edwards.
- [email protected] klick A1 Kursbuch (Textbook) + CDs
- [email protected] klick A1 Arbeitsbuch (Workbook) + CDs
- [email protected] klick A2 Kursbuch (Textbook) + CDs
- [email protected] klick A2 Arbeitsbuch (Workbook) + CDs
- Die Reise seines Lebens by Lisa Ray Turner and Blaine Ray
Class meets three times per week for 50-55 minutes.
Class cap: 15 students.
Designed for grades 7-11.
Students in grades 9-12 may be awarded 1 Foreign Languages credit upon completion of this course.