Summer Reading Club 1
Single-semester course. The WTMA Summer Reading Club is designed to keep logic-stage students engaged in reading and discussion over the summer break. Students will come together with their instructor once a week to talk about that week’s reading.
This course is meant to foster a student’s love of reading. There are no formal written assignments. Students who participate in all 8 sessions will receive a WTMA Summer Reading Club t-shirt. Participation credit is earned by attending the live class or by watching the recording of a class and then completing a discussion board response based on a prompt given by the instructor.
Course Theme: “Unlikely Heroes and Epic Adventures”
Click here for purchase links via Kit.
- Caddie Woodlawn, Carol Ryrie Brink
- The Book of Three, Lloyd Alexander
- Johnny Tremain, Esther Hoskins Forbes
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, Joan Aiken
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, Robert C. O’Brien
- The Giver, Lois Lowry
- Holes, Louis Sachar
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, J.K. Rowling
Class meets once per week for 50-55 minutes.
Class cap: 20 students.
Designed for students in grades 5-8.