If you live in California, you may be eligible for tuition reimbursement! The Well-Trained Mind Academy is an approved charter school vendor in several California school districts. Here are the details:
If you do not live in California, please check with your local school district to see if a similar program is available in your state.
Before registering, check with your educational specialist or charter school representative to make sure the content and structure of the Well-Trained Mind Academy courses you are interested in align with the requirements of the charter school.
When you are ready to register, make sure that you (the parent) creates your Well-Trained Mind Academy profile, and the profile for your student. Your information becomes part of your parent portal and contains sensitive material that only you should know. Please do not let your educational specialist or charter school representative register for you.
***Please note! You can sign up for classes as soon as registration opens, even if your funds for the next school year are not yet available.
By enrolling in our Charter School Payment Program, you may be required to pay any fees, since fees are typically not reimbursable. You will then need to create a Purchase Order (PO) with your local school district for tuition expenses. We understand that schools have varying payment schedules; a student’s spot is held in class as long as the fees are paid upon registration.
Note: actual reimbursement amounts and limits are different for each school, so please verify before following the steps below.
To enroll in our Charter School Program, follow these simple steps:
- Coordinate with your local charter school office to add the WTM Academy as a vendor (if needed).
- Pick out your courses and proceed to the Payment screen.
- Select “Charter School PO” as both the Payment Method and Payment Plan. Fill out the contact information for your charter school, then finalize checkout. You will be emailed separately with instructions to pay for your student registration fee (which is not covered by charter schools). If you know your school pays fees, you may disregard this email.
- Submit a Purchase Order through your charter school for the original price showing on your registration invoice.
You may email us at any time if you have questions or if you are aware of other states which have a similar reimbursement program.
- Discounts are not always available for charter school orders due to the additional processing required by our staff.
- Parents are responsible for any remaining balance on a student’s account. This includes tuition owed if a student withdraws from a course after the withdrawal deadline.
W9: Charter schools can download copy here (PDF).