Welcome to the Well-Trained Mind Academy!
Before you email, please check this page for updated registration tips.
Shopping Cart Overview
- Registration Quick-Start Guide: Step-by-step guide for our registration system (2 pages).
- New Users: No login required before registering. At the end of the registration process, each parent simply needs to select “I am a new user” to set up credentials for the registration system.
- Returning Users: If you have already registered this year (2016-17), add courses to your cart, then log in with your credentials. This will add courses to your current invoice.
- Fee Payment: Due to current system limitations, you must pay first for your courses, and then go back into your invoice and pay the $60 Registration Fee and the $40 Technology Fee. Fees are billed separately for each student registered (visible on your invoice when you log into your account).
New! Resources Menu (top menu)
See our resources area for common questions, calendars, course planning, and even tutoring!
Tuition, Fees, & Invoices
- No-fee payment plans: Available at checkout (either 4 or 8 installments depending on the course length).
You can view live invoices and pay fees in the account you set up during registration:
- My Account: Immediately after a successful registration, you will receive an email with a new username and password to provide access to billing and registration information:
- Login: Use the My Account / Payment & Invoices link (upper-right corner of this website).
- Billing Quick-Start Guide: Available on the main page immediately after you log in.
We are so confident you will enjoy the WTM Academy courses that we offer a 100% course tuition refund policy through June 30th for Summer courses and September 30th for Fall/Full-Year courses. This gives families several weeks to participate in our courses without any risk! You can also transfer between sections of the same course, switch to another level of the course, or move to an entirely different course (space permitting) for no additional fee.
If the section you would like to register for is full, simply register for the delayed section (to ensure you have a seat in the course), then email us with a request to be placed on the waitlist for the preferred section. Typically, several seats open for each section between now and the second week of class, so your student will be automatically moved to the section you requested as soon as a seat opens.
Well-Educated Mind Academy (Courses for Adults)
- We follow Eastern time zone (EST/EDT); all lectures are 50-60 minutes (except French I & II).
- Blackboard classroom access will be provided 7-10 days before classes begin.
- Academic Calendars (PDF): Summer session runs June 12 – Aug 4. Fall begins Tues, Sep 5th.
- Instructor Biographies: now contain teaching style and video samples!
- Writing Program Overview: Writing placement test, course sequences & FAQs.
- Delayed (Recorded) Lectures: Provides schedule flexibility for students with schedule conflicts.
- FAQs: Find answers about our refund policy, computer requirements, or other common questions.
- Tutoring: One-time, weekly, or monthly sessions are available for several subjects.
Please note: Syllabi posted to the Well-Trained Mind Academy website are examples only. Students will receive up-to-date syllabi after Blackboard enrollment; June for Summer courses and August for Full-Year and Fall
Please email us for any technical issues, fee/discount errors, or payment plan questions.
Return to our Courses page and register today!